If you have been following my Instagram recently then you will know that this month has somehow ended up being an afternoon tea month for me! That is why I thought I would share my favourite afternoon tea experience to date with you…
My favourite afternoon tea experience so far has to be the Afternoon Tea Tour Bus. It is a delicious afternoon tea from B Bakery London on a vintage London Bus. It takes place on a London Routemaster Bus and drives all around central London. The route takes you through central London and captures the main locations and attractions including Big Ben, The Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, St James’s Park, Hyde Park, The Royal Albert Hall, Marble Arch, Nelson’s Column, Downing Street and many more.
- The London sightseeing tour lasts approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes (depending on traffic).
- You can view the entire route on their website (see below).
- The bus is double decker and has top and bottom deck and you can choose where to sit when you book.
- You can also see a seating plan of the bus when you book online so you can choose where to sit.
- The bus offers a recorded guide-commentary throughout the tour
- You have to book before hand on their website – https://london.b-bakery.com/afternoon-tea/afternoon-tea-bus-tour/
- You can also book for private hire of whole bus or just one section and can also request a different pick up location if you hire the entire bus
- The upper deck of the bus seats 20 people. The bottom deck seats 12 people.
- The tours run everyday and has daily departures throughout the day from 2 locations Northumberland Avenue (near Charing Cross Station) and Victora Coach Station – check the website for the most up to date departure timings
- You need to arrive 20 minutes early and may miss the tour if you arrive late
- Children under the age of 5 are not permitted on to the bus
- Unfortunately due to the design of the old vintage bus it is not wheelchair accessible unless you are using a folding wheelchair
- Also worth mentioning there is no toilet on board
- The company also offer a range of other experiences including a vegan tea on the bus tour, tea on a night time bus tour, a tea on a boat tour and food for picnics.
- They also run the service in Bath
Getting There: The original B Bakery is a lovely, cosy bakery located in Covent Garden. For the afternoon tea tour bus there are 2 pick up locations. The first one is Northumberland Avenue near Charring Cross Station (Bakerloo and Northern Line).
The second location is Victoria Station (Victoria, Circle and District).
As mentioned earlier the tour route can be seen on their website and goes through the main locations in Central London – offering some lovely views of the sights and attractions in London.
Menu: The tour bus offer high tea accompanied with an array of tasty sandwiches and pastries, delicious cakes, scones and macaroons. They have an array of refillable teas and also have freshly squeezed orange juice. There are also a number of different dietary requirements the tea can cater for including vegetarian, vegan and halal. You just have to let them know your dietary requirements when booking.
It is worth mentioning that the afternoon tea menu is halal if you request it beforehand. Alcohol cannot be bought on to the bus but is served to those wanting it as part of their afternoon tea experience.
The tables are arranged with cup holders and non-slip mats to ensure safety whilst the bus is moving. All hot drinks are served in a beautifully designed travel mug that you get to take with you when you leave 😀
The great thing is if you aren’t able to finish your food they pack it away in a lovely take away box for you to take home.
Pricing: We went to the traditional afternoon tea and it cost £45 per person (for an adult). When I had a look on the website there are different prices according to when you are going and what you are ordering. The price for children between 5 -11 years old is reduced – although I am not exactly sure how much a child would cost. I personally found the original price to be really affordable considering you are get too experiences in one. Afternoon tea and a tour bus as experiences on their own can be very expensive. With this experience you get to do 2 amazing things for the price of 1. However it is also worth looking for deals online as some sites offer some great sites.
Final Thoughts: The B Bakery Afternoon Tea Tour Bus is a lovely combination of tea and a tour of the amazing city of London. I would I highly recommend checking it out especially if you are looking for something special to do on an occasion or event. It is also a great idea for a gift! A special 2 in 1 treat – a delicious halal afternoon tea and a tour of London – my idea of a special day out out 😀
For more information check out their website – https://london.b-bakery.com/afternoon-tea/afternoon-tea-bus-tour/